About unexpected minor changes of the robot

Dear organizers,

The manipulator of our robot was accidentally damaged during the operation training. At present, we can only use the existing parts to repair it. Therefore, there are some minor changes in the manipulator (the overall length, forearm and upper arm length are unchanged), as shown in the following figure. We can promise that these changes will not degrade our robot’s performance shown in the previous videos. Can we continue to participate in the competition normally?

Best regards!

Wenbang Deng

Hi Wenbang Deng,

Thank you for your question! I think as long as the weight, dimensions, and lifting capacity haven’t changed, it should be fine.

(I’m assuming the ‘old’ arm photo is also prior to the competition starting as I can see other changes on your robot - the additional rear camera for instance.)

Cheers!

Raymond

Hi Raymond,

Thanks for your response. The dimensions of the new arm are the same (comparing the location of the gripper relative to the base of manipulators). We use hollow carbon fiber tubes, which are light, to constitute the forearm and abandon previous yellow support. So the weight changing would be minor. As for the lifting capacity, we will record a DEX 4 (Strength Tasks in the Work Volume) video today and upload in this thread.

Yes, the ‘old’ arm photo was token before recording videos, but the arm part is the same. When recording videos, we kept the 3-D LiDAR for Mapping under the arm all the time. The picture captured from the Exploration and Mapping video is shown below.

Best regards,

Wenbang Deng

Hi Raymond,

We have uploaded a video to make sure that the lifting ability of our repaired manipulator has not been degraded. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards!

Wenbang Deng

Hi Wenbang Deng,

Looks good, thanks for providing confirmation!

Cheers!

Raymond