Finals Procedures and Summary of Second Team Leader Meeting

Hi All,

Thanks Hector and Shinobi for your scheduling information!

I figured I’d consolidate the messages for team scheduling here so we can keep everything in one place.

So far we have:

Hector:

• Exploration Thursday 10:00-13:00 CET (Thur. 8-11 UTC) Team Hector
  • Dexterity Thursday 14:00-16:00 CET (Thur. 12-14 UTC) Team Hector-DRZ
  • Search and Inspect Friday 15:00-17:00 CET (Fri. 13-15 UTC) Team Hector

Shinobi:

• Dexterity Thursday 11:00-13:00 JST (Thur. 2-4 UTC, Wed. 22-24 US Eastern)
  • Search/Inspect Thursday 16:00-18:00 JST (Thur. 7-9 UTC, Thur. 3-5 US Eastern)
  • Exploration/Mapping Saturday 1:00-3:00 JST (Fri. 16-18 UTC, Fri. 12-14 US Eastern)
  • Autonomous Mobility Saturday 22:00-23:00 JST (Sat. 13-14 UTC, Sat. 9-10 US Eastern)

Nubot Rescue:

• Search/Inspect ???
  • Exploration/Mapping ???

(NITro and Sazanka will be scheduling separately with Adam.)

Looks like we’re pretty deconflicted, the closest we have is Thursday but the time windows are pretty large so we can go from Shinobi’s Search/Inspect straight into Hector’s Exploration.

Nubot, can you please let us know your availability so we can schedule you?

Cheers!

• Raymond

Hi All,

I’m Chenghao Shi from team NuBot-rescue.
Please schedule our final runs during the following time slots:

• Search and Inspect Thursday 14:00-18:00 CST (Thur. 6:00-10:00 UTC, Thur. 2:00-6:00 US Eastern)
  • Exploration and Mapping Friday 23:30-Saturday 2:00 CST (Fri. 15:30-18:00 UTC, Fri. 11:30-14:00 US Eastern) ,Saturday 23:30-Sunday 2:00 CST (Sat. 15:30-18:00 UTC, Sat. 11:30-14:00 US Eastern)

If they do not work, please let us know.

Best,
Chenghao

Hi All,

I’m Akihiro of Team NITRo.

I would inform our situation to the aerial final/demonstration.
We cannot use the university gymnasium this weekend. So we reserved another room all day on Saturday and Sunday. But the following dates is good for our operator:

• Saturday 22:00-23:00 JST (Sat. 13-14 UTC, Sat. 9-10 US Eastern)
  • Sunday 21:00-23:00 JST(Sun. 12-14 UTC, Sun. 8-10 US Eastern).

We only have one set of field apparatus for the open-test-lane test, Omni-bucket ×5. We think that it is hard to create other field apparatuses.

This is only about NITRo, not SAZANKA. We are confirming to SAZANKA now.

Best regard,
Akihiro

Dear Committees,

Is the Zoom Meeting ID for the final the same as the leader meeting?

Best regard,
Tatsuya TAKEMORI, SHINOBI

We can use gather.town application, https://2021.robocup.org/visitors, instead of Zoom. Gather.town provide the similar communication as Zoom, e.g., screen share, chat, By using the gather.town, anyone registered in Robocup2021 including RRRL registered teams and the organizers can watch the competition.

Tetsu, Exec.

Hi All!

Actually we are planning on using both Zoom and Gather.town.

The first plan is to set up a separate Zoom meeting that will just have the team competing and the organising committee. This will keep distractions down as only the committee is speaking directly to the team. It will also allow us to properly record the videos.

We will then re-broadcast this stream. We are still figuring out the best way to do this, the hope is to do so into Gather.town, Twitch, and/or Youtube. This will allow everyone else to watch the stream. The OC can then moderate interactions such as passing questions to the team.

Think of it like the Zoom meeting is the operator booth and lane, which is only for the team members and organisers, and the rebroadcast stream is for everyone watching around the outside of the lane.

If we have issues with Zoom we have some fall-back options which do include doing everything in Gather.town as Tetsu suggested, at which point we’ll have to risk the potential crowd control challenges.

We are going to be testing options for doing this and will pass the details on to the team before their run. Note that it will NOT be the same Zoom meeting ID as for the team leader meeting because that link is public (it’s used not just for RoboCup).

Cheers!

• Raymond

Hi together,

how will we receive the zoom meeting data? Will it be announced here? Or sent via e-mail?
As hector and shinobi overlap should we (hector) prepare our exploration one hour later for:

• Exploration Thursday 11:00-13:00 CET (Thur. 9-11 UTC) Team Hector

instead?

Best,
Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your flexibility! If it is equally convenient for you to run 9-11 UTC that would be appreciated although with such a large window of time it may not be necessary to run too late anyway.

I’m currently compiling a proposed schedule and will post shortly along with other details.

Cheers!

• Raymond

Hi All,

Thanks everyone for your scheduling information!

I propose that we allocate 90 minute slots for Dexterity and 60 minute slots for Search/Inspect and Exploration Mapping, which should give ample time for resolving technical issues. I have also tried to bunch up the times for the folks staying up late or waking up early to watch.

I propose the following solution to this constraint satisfaction problem. ALL TIMES IN UTC.

Thursday:

• 02:00 - 03:30: Shinobi, Dexterity
  • 07:00 - 08:00: Nubot Rescue, Search/Inspect
  • 08:00 - 09:00: Shinobi, Search/Inspect.
  • 09:00 - 10:00: Hector, Exploration.
  • 12:00 - 13:30: Hector-DRZ, Dexterity.

Friday:

• 14:00 - 15:00: Hector, Search/Inspect
  • 15:30 - 16:30: Nubot Rescue, Exploration/Mapping
  • 16:30 - 17:30: Shinobi, Exploration/Mapping

Saturday:

• 13:00-14:00: Shinobi, Autonomous Mobility

I believe Adam will be scheduling with NITro and Sazanka separately later in the week so check your emails there.

Can all teams involved please check this schedule to make sure it works for them (I’m still very lacking in sleep so I’m not 100% trusting my brain right now!).

As for how to run this, I propose the following.

• I have set up a Zoom meeting for this purpose with the following details. These meeting details are only posted here in this forum. Feel free to test this meeting link outside the competition times (although be aware that it is automatically recorded).

https://georgetown.zoom.us/j/95818855799?pwd=WjRKQkNzK1ZDQm9URitaV0w5eVBldz09
    Meeting ID: 958 1885 5799
    Passcode: 318602
    Find your local number: https://georgetown.zoom.us/u/advVwHMCco
    Join by SIP
    95818855799@zoomcrc.com
    Join by Skype for Business
    https://georgetown.zoom.us/skype/95818855799

• I am working to try and arrange to rebroadcast this to Gather.town, Twitch, and/or Youtube and will post the details in here. If that does not work, you may enter the meeting as a spectator if you want to watch other teams during their run but PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR MIC AND CAMERA UNLESS YOU ARE PART OF THE RUNNING TEAM OR A COMMITTEE MEMBER. Think of being in the meeting with camera and/or mic on like being in the operator booth or in the lane at the in-person competition.

• If we find issues with Zoom (e.g. I’m not around!) we will fall back onto the RoboCupRescue Gather.town room as Tetsu suggests.

Does this sound good to everyone?

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns, or if I’ve missed anything!

Cheers!

• Raymond

Thanks for the scheduling information of the Finals with Zoom-ID.
I will join the most of the competitions except the followings
Friday:

• 15:30 - 16:30: Nubot Rescue, Exploration/Mapping
  • 16:30 - 17:30: Shinobi, Exploration/Mapping
    where it’s midnight in Japan :slight_smile:

I will stay in the RRL room of Gather.town for quick chat.
Good luck for the finalist!

Tetsu.

Hi All!

Assuming we don’t have connection issues (HA!) we are now live on Youtube!

(Well, right now it’s just a splash screen.)

See you all for Shinobi’s first run in a little over 2.5 hours!

Cheers!

• Raymond

Posted on our facebook page.

Hi all,

I’m Ryosuke Koike of SHINOBI.
We demonstrated the following Search/Inspect task just now:

• Search/Inspect Thursday 8:00-9:00 UTC (Thur. 17-18 JST, Thur. 4-5 US Eastern)

I uploaded inspected screenshots to the following folder.
Please check it.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1zXCnx6D7pmgqQ1sqBn8XNLjHTXuK4fWA?usp=sharing

Best regard,
Ryosuke Koike

Hi all,

I’m Chenghao Shi from NuBot-rescue.
The result images of our Search/Inspect task fished in 07:00 - 08:00 UTC are just uploaded.
Please check this link
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkjRI4tcsghCiRn-a_0GnE7ZRB64?e=20SgKB

Best,
Chenghao

Hi All!

We now also have the aerial finals scheduled:

Sunday 0-3 UTC

(Sazanka, I understand this schedule came from NITro, are you also going to run during this time?)

Cheers!

• Raymond

Hi all,

I’m Suguru from SAZANKA.
I’m terribly sorry for the late reply.
We are going to be following the same schedule as NITRo.

Best regard,
Suguru

Hi everyone,
I uploaded the screen capture and images of the Search and Inspect Finals of Team Hector Darmstadt here: https://nc.sim.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/nextcloud/s/qfsrQKDtGLsdXfH

Best regards,
Martin

Hi everyone,

I uploaded the map of team SHINOBI’s following task.

• Friday, 16:30 - 17:30 (UTC): Shinobi, Exploration/Mapping

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Ea784Pro_HqV3uJ8CNfztwDuBWtvxqUB?usp=sharing

Please check it.

Best regards,
Ryosuke

Thanks! We’ll have a look now. Congratulations for a great run!

Hi All!

Just to let you know, the Youtube link has been updated to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQuCTbmLlCo . The Zoom link is as before.

Cheers!

• Raymond